Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Energy Vampires: How Other People's Mood Affect Us


It's common knowledge that if we are around pessimistic people we will eventually start to feel bad. They will manage to drain our energy and leave us without a single drop of hope and will for living. If you have that kind of a friend, I guess it's all fine - you just end  the friendship one way or another.



But what if this energy vampire is your colleague at work? Even worse - your spouse or someone from your family? Someone you actually live with and have no way of "running away?"

For me, it was (and still is) my mother. Even though I don't live with her, no matter how much time I spend with her I feel drained. Well, drained is a light word for that. I feel as I have no single drop of willpower, energy, blood cells - whatever, left. It's not just some old "mother-child" issue, misunderstanding, generation collision, or anything like that. She has been this way for as long as I remember.

She was always fragile, sick, she was always "the victim." What about letting your child roam free and learn to be independent? No, as you might guess by now, she was also overprotective type - one type I am sure damages the child more than verbally abusing one.

It was very hard for me to admit to myself she is the damaging type of parent. I had to accept I am an adult know and what has been done - has been done, so I can't blame her for every little flow in my personality, and I don't. What I do write about here is the present - and in present, she acts the same as always. And it makes me feel bad. I tried to cheer her up, be there for her, show her funny videos, invite for a walk, and then I realized as I had been awaken from a long, long sleep - how much energy I am using just to make her be happier. And  I can't succeed and won't ever succeed - she just remains the same.

As I had a vision of her as a kind and lovely person (which she really is, technically) it was so hard for me to let go, and decide not to use my energy on trying to make her happy. Cause it never works and it never will work. One day it might work, the second day she will be her old self. There was no point.

This scenario in particular is the hardest one - when you have to let go of one or both your parents or your spouse to be happy. It's surely life's toughest, ugliest scenario and it happens. And IT'S NOT about your parent, spouse or a  close one has major depressive episode and you "turn your back from them". No. These kind of people, as far as I believe, don't  have a treatable mental condition, at least not clearly defined one - they have pieces of their personality that are on the wrong place, and they make whole machinery of thought process and emotions very wrong. Their condition lasts for years and decades, not for a few weeks or months, or even a few years.

What are your experiences?


1 comment:

  1. I never thought that I was invincible to STD s or pregnancy or anything else parents warn their kids about. I just didn’t think about it. I was in a monogamous relationship and thought that I asked the right questions.  We even talked about marriage Scary.  During that time I was in college and donated blood on a regular basis in efforts to help others when I could. As you may know, each donation is tested.  Well, on July 6th I had a meeting with a Red Cross representative and was told that I had HIV. “What went through your mind when you heard that "Rose" Good question reader! To be honest, I thought my life was over, that I would ever find love, get married, have children or anything normal. Lucky for me I have an amazing support system.  My family supported me then as well. who helped me in search of cure through the media.there we saw a good testimony of sister 'Kate' about the good work of Dr Akhigbe natural herbal medicine cure.then I copied his email address and contacted him. A good herbalist doctor with a good heart, he is kind, loving and caring. He replied back to my message and told me what to do. It after a week the doctor sent me my herbal medicine and instructed me how to take it.Yes it worked very well, after drinking it I went to the hospital for another test and everything turned negative. What a wonderful testimony I can never forget in my life. Dr Akhigbe is a man who gave me a life to live happily forever so all I want you all to believe and know that cure of HIV is real and herbs is a powerful medicine and it works and heals.  Dr Akhigbe also used his herbal medicine to cure diseases like:   HERPES, DIABETES, SCABIES, HEPATITIS A/B, STROKE, CANCER, ALS, TUBERCULOSIS, ASTHMA, PENIS ENLARGEMENT, MALARIA, LUPUS, DEPRESSION, HIV/AIDS, EPILEPSY, BACTERIAL, DIARRHEA, HEART DISEASES, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, PARKINSON'S, ALZHEIMER, HUMAN PAPILLOMAVIRUS, BACTERIAL VAGINOSIS, SCHIZOPHRENIA, JOINT PAIN, STOMACH PAIN, CHROME DISEASES, CHLAMYDIA, THYROID, MAR BURG DISEASES, MENINGITIS, ARTHRITIS, BODY WEAK, SMALLPOX, DENGUE, FEVER, CURBS, CHANCRE, ETC.   You are there and you find yourself in any of these situations, kindly contact Dr Akhigbe now to help you get rid of it. Here is his email address:
       drrealakhigbe@gmail.com      or you can write to him on whats app with his phone number:   +2349010754824.
      My appreciation is to share his testimony for the world to know the good work Dr Akhigbe has done for me and he will do the same for you.
       

    ReplyDelete